Dear Granddaughter as I sit and wonder who you’ll be
I hope there is a small part of you just like me
Will it be some wild curly hair, or maybe a laugh or look
Or just that someday you'll enjoy reading a really good book
I look forward to afternoons of cookies and sipping invisible tea
Gathered at your pretty little table, a bear, a doll, and you and me
Of trips to the zoo, and bedtime stories, first steps and best friend
Roller skates and school days, jump rope and Barbie may it never end
Oh how your tiny fingers grip mine so tight
Few things in life have ever felt so right
Knowing that for now your content to roll over and giggle and smile
How quickly life will pass and turn you into a woman of substance and style
For now little one, I’ll whisper “I Love You” in your ear and cover you with a kiss
And as I head for home with a smile in my heart, your chubby face I’ll miss
Love Grandma





I hope there is a small part of you just like me
Will it be some wild curly hair, or maybe a laugh or look
Or just that someday you'll enjoy reading a really good book
I look forward to afternoons of cookies and sipping invisible tea
Gathered at your pretty little table, a bear, a doll, and you and me
Of trips to the zoo, and bedtime stories, first steps and best friend
Roller skates and school days, jump rope and Barbie may it never end
Oh how your tiny fingers grip mine so tight
Few things in life have ever felt so right
Knowing that for now your content to roll over and giggle and smile
How quickly life will pass and turn you into a woman of substance and style
For now little one, I’ll whisper “I Love You” in your ear and cover you with a kiss
And as I head for home with a smile in my heart, your chubby face I’ll miss
Love Grandma


0 comments:
Post a Comment