Content

FRACTURING MIND

Random thoughts woven yet so clear
Endlessly feeding impulses only I can hear

Leaving my pain upon the kitchen table
Will surely now my images enable
As if my mind is a channel on cable

I so want to be a bird in flight
And soar effortlessly into the night

Yet under the midnight sky I pace
Unsure of my destination or my place
With mornings light my heart will race

As once again I'm consumed with fear
That no one holds my spirit near

Too tired and busy is the ensuing claim
To stop, share, and enjoy this moment's frame

With passing days memories flood like heavy rain
Distorted by emotion and time, am I still sane

Weary and begrudgingly to my grave I'll go
clutching a note saying "I loved you all I just wanted you to know!"

R. Vandivier
4/5/2011

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com My Zimbio