As I sit here wondering about my life, the screen opens up to people trying to find themselves loving life and knowing that darkness was all that held their fate. A break here or there would have been great, but the gods often laugh at fools. No money no fame! Just another pair of jerks walking down a path that leads to nowhere. We could see the lights on the neon sign, on the road up ahead flashing FOOD& BEER. Then it happened; a naked woman running right pass us into the darkness with a crazy man in hot pursuit, then he stopped and turned on a dime. I said "Charlie, it's you!" He kept screaming "Tiger blood, Tiger blood! Come back here, your a Goddess, your a Goddess!" Then he says to me "Hahn, C. C. Hahn, where did you come form man? Here take this, take this!" and he hands me two benjamins and then runs off into the darkness, still chasing his Goddess.
I never told Sally I didn't have two nickels in my pocket. Now thanks to Charlie, I can afford to feed my own Goddess. As Sally and I walked to the diner, I strolled up to the bar and I shouted I'll have two TIGER BLOODS please! The bartender turns and says "you're one of his friends? Look there'll be no Tiger Blood in here tonight unless I see cash, right here, right now!" I pulled a benjamin outa my pocket and slapped it on the counter and I said "Here will this do? Now give me two cheeseburgers delux with that Tiger Blood and make it pronto!" As the bartender pulled back from the counter he yelled " Yes Sir Mr. Benny!" Cold and wet, Sally turned to me and said "your the luckiest man on earth!" I turned to her and looked at those beautiful ruby lips and said "That's cause I got you Babe!" I watched her walk to the juke box and slip in a dollar. The next thing I heard drifting through the air was Knights in White Satin......Then suddenly I heard a voice behind me screaming WINNING...WINNING...it was Charlie with his Goddess draped over his shoulder. He comes to the table and leans in to me, the plump a#s of his Goddess staring me in the face. "So this is what success smells like !!!!"
I never told Sally I didn't have two nickels in my pocket. Now thanks to Charlie, I can afford to feed my own Goddess. As Sally and I walked to the diner, I strolled up to the bar and I shouted I'll have two TIGER BLOODS please! The bartender turns and says "you're one of his friends? Look there'll be no Tiger Blood in here tonight unless I see cash, right here, right now!" I pulled a benjamin outa my pocket and slapped it on the counter and I said "Here will this do? Now give me two cheeseburgers delux with that Tiger Blood and make it pronto!" As the bartender pulled back from the counter he yelled " Yes Sir Mr. Benny!" Cold and wet, Sally turned to me and said "your the luckiest man on earth!" I turned to her and looked at those beautiful ruby lips and said "That's cause I got you Babe!" I watched her walk to the juke box and slip in a dollar. The next thing I heard drifting through the air was Knights in White Satin......Then suddenly I heard a voice behind me screaming WINNING...WINNING...it was Charlie with his Goddess draped over his shoulder. He comes to the table and leans in to me, the plump a#s of his Goddess staring me in the face. "So this is what success smells like !!!!"



0 comments:
Post a Comment